Day 1: Cusco – Cachora – Chiquiska
We pick you up from the hotel in the city of Cusco at 5:30 a.m. heading towards the town of San Pedro de Cachora, where we will meet all the people who will accompany us during the whole walk (cook, porters, muleteers, guide assistant), have lunch in Cachora and then a car will bring us to Capuliyoc, where the trek starts downhill until we reach the camp of Chikiska (2900) where we can enjoy a good glass of cambray or chicha of sugar cane that prepare in the area, in addition to a refreshing bath. Distance: 12km.
San Pedro de Cachora village. The start to the Choquequiraw trek.
Day 2: Chiquiska – Choquequirao
After a good breakfast we will start the walk downhill to rosalina beach where after a short recess we prepare to climb the 1500 m. of unevenness separating us from the archaeological site of Choquequirao, the entire route will be uphill.
We will have lunch near the peasant community of Marampata, we will arrive at our camp at 5:00 p.m. where we will sleep on one of the Inca terraces, from which we will observe a beautiful sunset. Total distance: 13 km.
Day 3: Choquequirao (free day).
We will have a well-deserved rest to enjoy the wonderful Inca city of Choquequirao. In the morning, we will enjoy a guided visit of 2-3 hours of the archaeological complex (administrative sector, llamas sector, sector hanan and collcas, andenes sector, pikiwasi, ushnu). Day to relax and contemplate the Cradle of Gold of the Incas. Distance approx. 6 km
Platforms of flames.
Day 4: Choquequirao – chiquiska
After breakfast, we will return to the town of Marampata, lunch in the area of Santa Rosa, Chikiska camp site where we will spend the night.
Day 5: Chiquiska- Capuliyoc- Cachora – Cusco
We will leave early after breakfast to climb the hard slopes that we are missing until we reach the viewpoint of Capuliyoc, where our walk ends and where we will be waiting with the transport to return to the city of Cusco, before boarding the bus we will have lunch and thank all the people who accompanied us during the trek, arriving in the city of Cusco at 6:00 pm.
Included/ not Included
- Transfer by bus to the beginning of the walk (Cachora).
- tickets to the archaeological complex.
- Professional guide throughout the tour.
- Food: 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners.
- Camping equipment (tents, kitchen, dining room, chairs, tables, mattresses).
- First aid kit.
- Cook in charge of food preparation.
- Arrieros and mules (managers of the transport of all camping equipment).
- Accommodation for guides, cooks and muleteers.
- Return to Cachora – Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
- Lunch and dinner on the last day (Arrival in Cusco is approximately 8.00 in the afternoon).
- Breakfast first day.
- Beverages and services of extra charge.
Money for additional services and tips
- Backpack with rain shelter.
- Sleeping back.
- Original pasport
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socksand a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho cold and sun hat.
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Extra money in soles (s/ 400.00 soles) emergency case and tips.
- Since the weather can be very cold and mostly, your clothes – once gotten wet – won’t dry at night. So take some clothes to change.