Day 1: Cusco – Calca – Lares – Wacahuasi
Pick up at the hotel early in the morning and travel by private transportation through the Sacred Valley. We will observe the majesty of the valley with its fertile lands. We will pass by the village of Calca, at 2940 m. n. m. After 4 hours of travel, we will arrive at Lares, at 3200 m, to visit its thermal baths and have lunch. Here we will begin a trekking of 4 hours to reach the camp Wacahuasi, at 3600 m. Dinner and rest (accommodation in Quechua family houses).
Day 2: Wacahuasi – Abra Ipsaycocha – Willoq
After breakfast very early, we will begin a walk towards the Abra Ipsaycocha, 4400 m. Along the way, we can see the communities that inhabit the place, with the colorful clothes of the people of Lares. We will arrive to the lagoon Ipsaycocha, where we will have our lunch and we will be able to rest. Then we will descend to the community of Willoq, where our second camp is. Dinner and rest (accommodation in Quechua family houses).
Day 3: Willoq – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Breakfast in Willoq, villa where we will find original customs of its people. We will continue walking, visiting towns and archaeological remains like Qocachapata and Pumamarca. At 14:00 we will arrive in Ollantaytambo for lunch. We will have free time until we board the train to Aguas Calientes (schedule according to availability of seats). In the latter place we will spend the night in a hostel.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Early in the morning we will start walking towards Machu Picchu to see the sunrise from the heights. We will take a guided tour (optional) for the citadel of 2 hours and a half. Then we will have free time to explore and explore the area for the rest of the morning. You can also climb Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu (not included). We will travel back by train to Ollantaytambo, where we will take a transfer that will take us to our respective accommodations back in Cusco, ending the activity at 22:00.
Included/ not Included
Included in the service:
- Private transport (Cusco-Calca-Ollantaytambo)
- Transportation by train Expedition from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to the Vilcanota Private Areas Network.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu citadel (archaeological site).
- Bilingual guide.
- First aid kit.
- 2 nights accommodation in Quechua family house and 1 night in basic hostel in Aguas Calientes with private room.
- Entrance to the area and thermal baths.
- Sleeping bag
- Walking sticks.
- The food and dinner on the last day.
What you need:
- Rain and cold trekking clothes
- Trekking boots (recommended waterproof)
- Backpacks for trek 40-60l.
- High sunscreen.