DAY 1. FLIGHT TO CUSCO
(Scale in Lima). Reception, accommodation and transfer to the Hotel ***
DAY 2. CUSCO.
Day of rest and visit of the Imperial city. Briefing at the hotel. Overnight at Hotel
DAY 3. CUSCO-CACHORA- PLAYA ROSALINA
Very early we will leave the city of Cusco towards the picturesque village of Cachora, in a journey of 4 hours. In Cachora we will meet the people who will accompany us throughout the tour, cooks, porters, muleteers. After a short rest we will begin our walk towards the first camp in Playa Rosalina (1468 m). During our tour we will have the opportunity to observe magnificent and beautiful landscapes, warm climate, glaciers of the mountain range of the Vilcabamba and the impressive abyss of Apurímac.
Hours of travel: 6 hours
Distance: 16 km
DAY 4. PLAYA ROSALINA – CHOQUEQUIRAO
After a good breakfast, we will start walking uphill, towards the Archaeological Complex of Choquequirao. We will stop for lunch near the rural community of Marampata, where we can rest and eat something delicious prepared by the local people. We will have a massage session with native healing plants that will comfort our legs to reach our camp around 5:00 pm. Tonight, we will sleep on an Inca terrace, from which we will have the opportunity to contemplate a beautiful sunset.
Hours of travel: 7 hours
Distance: 13 km.
DAY 5. CHOQUEQUIRAO – FREE DAY
We will have a well-deserved rest to enjoy the wonderful Inca city of Choquequirao. In the morning, we will enjoy a guided tour of 2 hours of the entire archaeological complex. Day to relax and contemplate the Cradle of Gold of the Incas.
DAY 6. CHOQUEQUIRAO – RÍO BLANCO – MAIZAL
After having recharged the batteries having a good breakfast, we will continue our journey, since today we will face the heaviest part of the walk, we will walk down through the archaeological sector of Pincha Unuyoc, interesting Inca agricultural terraces, and down to the Blanco River, where we will have lunch and we can refresh in its cold waters. Our camp is located in the area of Maizal 3 hours away from Río Blanco (3200 m).
Hours of travel: 9 hours
DAY 7. MAIZAL – MINAS VICTORIA – YANAMA
During the trip today, we walked uphill for 3 hours and then, downhill after passing the “Abra de Yanama” (4150 m). Then we will stop for lunch in the Victoria mines and as an extra activity, we can appreciate the abandoned mines. In the afternoon, we will descend to our camp in the town of Yanama (3650 m).
Hours of travel: 8 hours
DAY 8. YANAMA – COORDILLERA – TOTORA
A day with views of high mountains, this day is preferable to start walking early to appreciate the mountain range of glaciers that nature offers us. We will ascend moderately to the highest point of our trek, the Yanama pass (4656 m). After descending for 3 hours until reaching the community of Totora (3610 m)
Hours of travel: 7 hours.
Distance: 12 km.
DAY 9. TOTORA – TERMAL BATHS OF COCALMAYO – SANTA TERESA
Today will be a relaxed day, where we can observe an interesting botanical biodiversity around Totora. After lunch, we can take a transport that leaves us in the town of Santa Teresa, where we can relax in the wonderful thermal baths of Cocalmayo. We will spend the night in a Hotel ***.
DAY 10. SANTA TERESA – HYDROELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES
Day to stroll through the town of Santa Teresa, visit the market and have lunch, then arrive by transport to Hidroeléctrica where we will take the train to Aguas Calientes. We will spend the night in a hotel ***.
DAY 11. AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
Very early we will take the first bus to Machu Picchu to admire the sunrise in this magical place. Enjoy the tranquility of the Lost City of the Incas during a guided tour (approximately 2½ hours). Then you will have free time to walk around the citadel. You can also visit the Temple of the Moon and the fabulous Inca Bridge. In the afternoon we will go down by bus to Aguas Calientes, from where we will return by train to Ollantaytambo, where we expect a transport that will not leave in Cusco. Overnight at Hotel ***
DAY 12. FREE DAY IN CUSCO TO PURCHASE AND VISIT THE CITY.
Overnight at Hotel ***
DAY 13. CUSCO – LIMA (RETURN)
Pick up and transfer to the airport Velasco Astete of Cusco.
INCLUDES/ no INCLUDES
- Pick up and transfer from the airport to the hotel ***.
- Briefing the day before with the guide.
- Private transportation from the hotel to the beginning of the walk (Cachora).
- Professional guide (English and Spanish) throughout the trip.
- Tickets to visit Machu Picchu and Choquequirao.
- Bus Santa Teresa – Hydroelectric
- One way hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes.
- Bus round trip from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Train back Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo Tourist service “Expeditions”.
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Camping equipment (tent, kitchen, dining chairs, tables and mats, sleeping bag).
- First aid kit.
- Meals: Breakfast, 8 lunches and 8 dinners
- Cook and muleteers.
- Horses (that will carry all the equipment of camping and feeding).
- 6 nights in Hotel *** and 6 nights of camping.
- Accommodation for guides, cooks and riders.
- Optional entrance to the thermal baths of Cocalmayo (15 soles).
- Lunch and dinner of the last day (Arrival to Cusco is approximated at 8.00 in the afternoon).
- Drinks and services of extra charge.
- Money for additional services and tips.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES / NOT INCLUDED
- Extra porter to carry personal equipment
- Entrance to the mountain Huayna Picchu (Confirm this rent at the time of booking, subject to availability of spaces, cost is US $ 35.00).
- Extra horses to carry your personal luggage (US $ 230.00 If you need to bring personal items, you can hire a porter who can carry up to 25 kilos).
RECOMMENDED TO BRING
- A light backpack for everyday use, clothes for all different periods of the walk. Prepare for all weather changes.
- Jacket waterproof an extra poncho for rain. Plastic Ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for $ 1 US.
- Good hiking shoes we recommend you bring water resistant shoes.
- Sandals, towel and swimsuit to have a shower in the hot springs and to rest your feet after each day.
- Warm clothes including jackets, gloves, scarves, chullo we recommend that you bring thermal clothes, especially for sleeping.
- Lantern, binoculars and walking sticks (can be rented in Cusco)
- Camera, rolls and extra batteries (batteries are consumed very fast in the weather conditions)
- Hat to protect you from heat, sun block and sunglasses.
- Important to bring insect repellent.
- Toilet paper
- Refreshments: such as chocolates, cookies, dried fruit, raisins, etc. also purifying tablets for water and own bottle.
- Enough cash for lunch on hot waters, tips and to buy some gifts for the family.
- Original passport.